National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test or NEET 2018 is medical examination conducted by the central government’s authority CBSE for the students looking for admissions in medical courses (MBBS and BDS) in various private and government medical/dental institutes of India.
For appearing in NEET 2018 exam, it is important for the aspirants to fulfill the eligibility criteria and guidelines. Here are important points, your need to know before applying for this medical exam:
- The applicants must be an Indian citizen or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India).
- The general category applicants must be 17 Years (Minimum) & 25 Years (Maximum) in age.
- The reserved category applicants must be 17 Years (Minimum) & 20 Years (Maximum) in age.
- The applicants must have passed/appearing 12th or equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology with English.
- The general category candidates must hold 50% marks, while physically handicapped students must hold 45% marks and other reserved category candidates must hold 40% marks in their intermediate.
When NEET was introduced, it was conducted in two phases. The major reason for the same was that many students had been confused about the actual examination and its acceptability for state universities. But from the year 2017, CBSE had started conducting the exam in only one phase.
After the exam, CBSE provides the two lists: All India Rank, which would make candidates eligible for the 15 % All India Quota and State wise Merit List for candidates who wish to apply to the State Medical Colleges as well as the Private Medical Colleges in that state.
NEET 2018 Application Form:
NEET 2018 would be only a Computer Based Test. Also, the NEET 2018 application form and fee payment would also be strictly based on online mode. Here are the steps you need to follow to fill the online application form:
- Step 1: Fill the Online Application Form by visiting http://cbseneet.nic.in and note down the Registration Number.
- Step 2: Upload your latest photo and signature in JPEG format in prescribed sizes.
- Step 3: Make Payment of Fee by prescribed modes that are Debit/Credit/Netbanking or E-challan.
- Step 4: Print Confirmation Page after Successful remittance of fee.